On January 2017, the Board of Directors from Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities (SCHC) and TransCare Community Support Services (TransCare®) came together and agreed to mutually explore opportunities for the two organizations to work more closely toward their common goals and to continue to serve the community with high quality, responsive and innovative programs. Options will include integration opportunities between the two organizations.
In moving forward with this opportunity, the two organizations formed an Integration Steering Committee with representatives of both Boards and Senior Leaders to oversee this initiative.
The next step in the process will be to assess the opportunity, costs and benefits of integration options through the development of a Business Case. Both SCHC and TransCare® share an interest in exploring opportunities for integration that will lead to:
- Improved client access to high-quality services;
- Improved client and caregiver experience;
- Improved patient outcomes to care, and support health promotion and wellness;
- Contribute to building strong and healthy communities in Scarborough;
- Enhanced infrastructure required to support both fundraising and volunteering resources;
- Responsive, SMART systems that are tailored to individual clients and caregivers;
- Enhanced management and back office (human resource planning, information technology investment) resources to identify, monitor and achieve improved performance;
- Readiness for future health system transformation; and
- Increased value by making the best use of the public’s investment.
To read the full press release, please click this link.
Request for Proposal
To aide in our exploration of integration, SCHC and TransCare® will be issuing a joint Request for Proposal (RFP) to engage an independent consultant to develop the Business Case. For more information, please read the full Request for Proposal here.
Please click here to download our FAQ for the RFP.