Home at Last
Seniors and adults with disabilities who are being discharged from the hospital can receive assistance in settling back into their homes safely and comfortably in a timely manner.
This transition service may include:
- Driving and/or accompanying the patient home
- Picking up medications and/or groceries
- Preparing a small meal
- Providing personal care and/or homemaking services
- Follow-up phone calls and/or visits to check the patient's well-being
- Referrals to other community support services
- Provides a less stressful and smooth supported transition from the hospital to the home
- Indentifies potential safety issues in the home and follows up
- Achieve more successful recovery at home through community support services
- Improves patient satisfaction with discharge process
- Benefits familires by settling and supporting their relative through discharge and linking to relevant community services
For more information for the Home at Last program, please call 416.750.7858.
|The Home at Last program is a free service funded by the Central East Local Health Integration Network.