Community Dining & Recreation
We provide community dining and recreation programs at different locations:
- Every Tuesday at McGregor Park Community Centre,
- Every Thursday at Birkdale Community Centre,
- Other locations throughout the month
Programs are usually scheduled for lunch and the afternoon, but some are for dinner and early evening. The programs include a hot lunch, quizzes, discussion groups, and popular games like bingo, dominoes, or card games like bridge, and last approximately three hours. Volunteers help to serve the meals, clean-up, as well as assist in activities and socialize with the participants.
Volunteer starting times may vary according to the location but are typically 11am to 3pm, with a short lunch break, or 5pm to 7:30pm, with a short dinner break.
- Assist seniors into lunchroom and assist clients leaving the program
- Assist with seating, table-setting, serving lunch, and clean-up
- Socialize with the participants and help seniors enjoy the recreational games
Please download full Community Dining & Recreation volunteer job description here.
You must have PDF viewing capabilities to view the file.
Get Adobe Reader